Frequently Asked Questions

These 6 steps are exactly what we will ask you to do in that order if you contact us. So please go through the below steps prior to contacting us. 1. Often people will sign up for our email newsletter, or a free gun contest that we are offering, and make the mistake of thinking that they now have an account for buy and sell with GunPost. The two are not the same thing. So as long as you do have an account already, I can help you recover it. Read more
You can simply pay for the "ad upgrade" of "bump up" when editing your ad. Doing this will put your ad back to the top of a search as if it is a new post. Then it will be another 90 days before expiry. The "bump up" upgrade only costs $1.00. If your ad is already expired, you can still find it for 14 days by going to "My Account" > "My Posts" > "Expired Ads". You can still use "Bump Up" when they are in your "Expired Ads" Read more
No. Your home address will NOT be shared with other users. When someone views a post of yours, if they click "view map", they will see the general area that you are located for basic directional information. The map only uses your postal code in order to do this. That way no one can zero in on your home address. If you prefer, you can even just use the first 3 characters of your postal code to make it an even broader location. Read more
No. Your email address is NOT shared with other users. When someone inquires about your post, the inquiry goes to the website. The website then sends you the inquiry. Only when you reply to the inquiry can the inquirer see your email address, since you are now communicating directly with each other and not through the website. Read more
To sell, trade or give an air gun that is less than 500fps, or a flintlock mussle loading rifle, a PAL(Possession Acquisition License) is NOT required. Laws can change from time to time. Here is the link for CFP so that you can verify that the above summary is accurate. Or you can call them at 1-800-731-4000. Read more
​There are currently 3 exceptions where you do not need a PAL. A flint lock mussle loading rifle, or an air gun with a rated velocity of less than 500 feet per second, or a firearm that is classified as "antique status". However, laws can change from time to time. So you should verify that this information is still current by checking with the RCMP at, or you can call them at 1-800-731-4000. Read more
​PAL stands for Possession Acquisition License. That is what you need to buy or possess firearms(currently with a couple of exceptions, see FAQ "Do I need a PAL to purchase firearms"). You can get one buy taking the Firearms Safety Course. Check for local ads on the internet for businesses that provide this service. They can instruct you on the application process once you complete the course and test. Read more